Creating a Connector in SOLIDWORKS ELECTRICAL SCHEMATICS and customizing the connectors according to our requirement. And it can be added in the schematic diagrams for connectors.
Creation of Connectors has few steps to follow once the Connectors is created, we can able to use the same Connector specifications for connections in the SOLIDWORKS ELECTRICAL SCHEMATICS diagrams.
- To create the Connectors first it must store in the library. Once it is created it will always present inside library unless until it is manually deleted
- To create Connectors as shown in the below image first must go to Library-> Manufacturer part management.
STEP 2 -Manufacturer part management
- Once the above points done.
- Manufacturer part management will consist of more number classifications(folders). In which all components are separated and kept in a different folder.
- Once Connector folder is selected. Only Connector related manufacturer will be shown at the right side of the manufacturer part management tab
- With the option ADD MANUFACTURER PART is selected new Connector can be added. And details to be filled in a different tab.
STEP 3 - New Connector details adding
- Once the above points done.
- A Manufacturer part properties tab will be opened.
- In this section three options will be present PROPERTIES, USER DATA, CIRCUIT TERMINALS
- In the properties tab details like reference and manufacturer should be filled compulsory and scrolling down the tab there will be another few specifications like height, weight, frequencies, supplier name etc…to be filled manually which are optional.
STEP 4 - Specifications of Circuit, Terminal
- With continuation of above points
- Third option is the CIRCUIT, TERMINAL option where the circuit types can be added
- At the top circuit, terminal option will be present near to the properties tab.
- In this tab, circuits can be added with ADD option.
- If multiple circuits to be added that can be done with ADD MULTIPLE option as shown in the image below
STEP 5 - ADD MULTIPLE CIRCUITS
- As shown in the image below multiple circuits can be added in a easy and fast way.
- All circuits type are present in the scroll down. Based on our requirement circuits can be selected.
STEP 6 - CONNECTOR PINS ADDED
- As shown in the image below all pins added using multiple add option.
- Once it is added every pin terminal marks have to be assigned manually
STEP 7 - Connector Insertion
- Once the manufacturer in created for male pin and female pin it can be inserted in the schematics page.
- As shown in the below image in the schematics and insert connector options we can able to select the connectors.
STEP 8 - Manufacturer selection
- Then a manufacturer part selection tab will be opened where manufacturer can be associated based on our requirement of circuit and terminal.
- In library a newly added manufacturer will be selected and added.
- There are filter options and classification type filters and more options will be present. So, manufacturers can be easily selected with correct circuit and terminal.
STEP 9 - Component insertion and wire selection
- Once above points are done component can be inserted and wire can be selected and inserted.
- Wires can be inserted in single wise or multiple wise by increasing the number of lines at the left side and spaces also can be adjusted.
- With these above-mentioned points we can able to create a Connector in a solidworks electrical and connect wires between the components.
- Once these points are completed new Connector created will be present in solidworks electrical library.