You have probably heard us say that ‘SolidWorks Electrical simplifies electrical system design’, but how does the software actually do that? Well, here are 5 amazing things you should know about SolidWorks Electrical that will convince you that electrical design can be made simple:
- SolidWorks Electrical works really well with DWG™ and AutoCAD® Electrical files.
- SolidWorks Electrical provides a real time bi-directional link between 2D and 3D.
- Bill of Materials and other Reports are just a click away.
- Enterprise level project collaboration is included out of the box.
- Easily managed and customizable Library of Parts, Symbols (blocks) and Cables/Wires.
1. DWG and AutoCAD Electrical File Import/Export
SolidWorks Electrical handles .DWG files with the utmost ease. You can import AutoCAD files into SolidWorks Electrical as plain .DWG or you can convert them into intelligent SolidWorks Electrical drawings. DWGs can be edited with SolidWorks Electrical and then exported out to be shared.