In the highly competitive global marketplace, manufacturers are constantly looking for ways to shorten time to market a new product.
More and more manufacturers are opting for reverse engineering because:
- The original manufacturer of a product no longer produces a product.
- There is inadequate documentation of the original design.
- The original manufacturer no longer exists, but a customer needs the product.
- The original design document was lost or never existed.
- Some bad features of a product need to be designed out.
- New avenues need to be explored to improve product performance and functionality.