Finite Element Analysis
FEA helps in solving complicated engineering issues by subdividing it into manageable, finite elements and works across the entire spectrum of industries-aerospace, automotive, energy, medical, electronics and manufacturing. Simtek capabilities in this area include: decisions on the choice of optimal design, fitness verification, predictive performance and component evaluation. With expertise extending to linear and non-linear analyses, it offers domain –specific services:
- Pressure Vessels
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- External flow analysis of liquids and gases around solid bodies. Eg. air flow over an airplane wing or water flow around a submarine.
- Turbulent flow analysis using the K-E model to illustrate flow domain turbulence. Eg. gases from an aircraft engine nozzle.
- Real gas simulation for accurately solving high-pressure or low-temperature gas applications.
- Compressible flow analysis for gas flows in subsonic, transonic, and supersonic speed zones.
- Calculation of pressure drop on pipes using surface roughness values.
- Design optimization using CFD-based flow and dimensional parameters.
- Flow analysis of non-Newtonian fluids (i.e., blood, toothpaste, and plastic melts).
- Moving wall flow analysis for studying flows relative to a moving reference frame.
- Cavitation analysis.