With SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD, process plant industry can Integrated 3D design environment with capable simulation. Ability to manage engineering data effectively and understand real-life performance without need for physical prototypes or over-design
Products/projects: range from component design to plant design-oft en process oriented
- Designs are oft en variations on an earlier design and frequently are modular in nature (e.g. tank design, pump design, etc.)
- Designs can include a Weldments, castings, machined parts, routed systems, electrical controls design, sheet metal parts.
- Components are frequently prismatic – machined steel, sheet metal with welded frames. Exceptions include pump parts with complex surfaces.
- Assemblies can become extremely large in terms of size and part count.
- Use of 2D CAD is still very common, especially for facilities design.
- Kvaerner Oilﬁeld Products
- Alstom Power
- National Oilwell
- US Filter Zimpro
- Anderson Water Systems
- Armstrong Pumps
- Technigaz, SA
- Babcock and Wilcox