CREATION OF AGGREGATE HEAD IN MASTERCAM 2017
Apart from the normal tools usage in machining centers, there is also another option through which adding indexing tools for a complicated part is very simple in master cam named aggregate heads.
In Order to avoid the multiple settings in 3axis machines and c-axis machining center, aggregate heads are used. An aggregate head is a secondary attachment that connects to the spindle on your router.
Most base level routers do not have aggregate heads included, although they can probably be added depends on the usage. An aggregate is a specially designed tool holder that allows you to extend the capabilities of your CNC machining center. Most aggregates can be stored in the tool changer of your machine
In Order to avoid the multiple settings in 3axis machines and c-axis machining center, aggregate heads are used.
There are two main reasons to add aggregates to your machine:
- To fix the approaching direction from the Spindle to the part.
- In addition to the functionality like drilling square holes, cutting with an oscillating knife or drilling holes at the same time.
- Create an Aggregate head in Mastercam using Machine definition manager.
- Add an Aggregate heads and create tools in the head for a particular operation.
- Fix the planes depending on tool axis direction.
To know more about MASTERCAM 2017 log on to www.simtek.in ring us at +91-8754447021 or mail us at email@example.com Authorized Reseller SIM Technologies Pvt Ltd which is located in Chennai, Coimbatore, Kolhapur, New Delhi & Bangalore.