The Step-By-Step Guide to Install SOLIDWORKS on your Computer
How to Install SOLIDWORKS?
Installing a new product can seem like a mission, in each new release of SOLIDWORKS. How to install SOLIDWORKS 2021?
Here we provide an overview of how to install the SOLIDWORKS, this process applies to the perpetual or term license of SOLIDWORKS Standard, Professional, or Premium.
Before starting the installation you should have a setup file of SOLIDWORKS. if the setup files have followed the procedure for installing.
Before starting installation kindly check your system requirement through the below link
Browser for the SOLIDWORKS Installation setup Location
Run the setup file as administrator
Select “install on this computer” and click Next.
Type your Serial No. provided by the reseller
This page will appear if only any higher service pack is available
This page will appear only If you have any lower version of SOLIDWORKS in your machine
Option 1: You will have both Higher and lower Version of SOLIDWORKS in the same machine
Caution: Files once saved on higher version cannot be opened in lower version
Option 2: Older version OF SOLIDWORKS will be Replace with Newer Version
The summary page will allow customizing the installation.
- Will allow to add or remove the Product from the List
- Can disable the background download for future service pack
- Change the installation location.
- Can change the toolbox location
1. You can tick or untick the product from the list as per requirement
2. If all the required file for installation is available then “Install only” will be selected as default. Or select “Download and Install” If some file are missing. Then untick “use the background downloader for future service packs.”
3. If required change the installation location
4. Change the folder name of the toolbox with the SOLIDWORKS version for reference. Second option will be available if older version of SOLIDWORKS is present in the machine. Select the second option if you have your customize toolbox or hole wizard.
Review the summary and Select the license agreement and click “Install now”
This pop up will appear if you are installing an network License Type “25734@<your server name>” Then click ok
This pop-up will appear if any issue in reaching your server Check the name of the server if you have type the name correctly and still you receive this pop-up give yes and continue the installation. We can modify the server name later.
SOLIDWORKS installation will get started
Then pick Finish and you’ll find the SOLIDWORKS application icons on your desktop and under the Start menu.
How to prevent file crashes?
One way to avoid this is to keep your computer’s software up to date. Make sure you have the latest Service Packs, Hotfixes, and Drivers installed.
You should also close all other programs when you’re running SOLIDWORKS, especially those that are resource-intensive. This will help prevent your computer from becoming overloaded and crashing.
Another thing to keep in mind is to save your work frequently and in different locations. This will help minimize the chances of losing data if something does happen to your computer.
Installing SOLIDWORKS can be a daunting task but with this step-by-step guide, you will be able to install SOLIDWORKS on your computer with ease.
Make sure to follow the instructions carefully. If you’ve hit a snag while installing SOLIDWORKS, or you’re not sure how to get started, don’t worry! You can get in touch with our technical support team for help.