5 Steps to create a 3D Model in 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS
Introducing the 3D workspace
Before getting into the topic of steps to create a 3D Model, let’s know a little about the 3D workspace in 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS. The 3D workspace is where you’ll do all of your modelings where you can innovate, collaborate, and create great designs anywhere and anytime.
How to Create 3D Models?
3D Creator combines ease of use with innovative design methodologies and cloud collaboration from inside a web browser.
- Capture and realize your ideas with parametric 3D models of parts and assemblies.
- 3D Creator includes the xDesign app which offers Design Guidance, an interactive feature based on simulation and optimization algorithms to help inspire innovative solutions to your design challenges.
- Stop worrying about installing, configuring, or managing software; with a cloud-based solution, you are always working with the latest version of 3D Creator on all your devices.
- Ensure secure communication and collaboration with stakeholders – internal or external. 3D Creator provides unique ways to ensure successful collaboration within the ecosystem through secure and safe communities, complete design and file access control, sharing, lightweight visualization, and product review.
- Log in with the 3D Passport Login page to log in user
- Open the 3D Creator xDesign App and click the new component to create the 3D Model. Refer Above Image
- Give the name of the project and give the location to save in 3D Experience platform.
- Now the xDesign platform will open. Create the plane & sketch. I will draw in the plane with the help of a Rectangle sketch.
- Go to features click extrude command it will open the pop-up breadcrumb Next enter the distance and thickness. extrude will available for solid, thin, or surface features.
- Now checking ok, select extrude underfeatured to complete the 3D Model with the help of 3D Experience
How to Import a part from SOLIDWORKS into 3DEXPERIENCE Works?
To import a part from SOLIDWORKS, you’ll first need to open up the 3DEXPERIENCE Works software. Then, go to the “File” menu and select “Open.”
From there, you can either browse for the file on your computer or use the search bar to find it. Once you’ve located the file, select it and click “Open.” The part will then be imported into your project.
How to Modify the imported part?
Once the part is imported, it is often necessary to make some modifications to it so that it can be used in the assembly.
In SOLIDWORKS, there are a number of ways to modify parts. The Edit Sketch tool can be used to create or modify geometry. The Feature Manager design tree can also be used to make changes to the part.
Many times, it is helpful to use the Mirror Part tool to create a copy of the part that can be modified. This copy can then be used in the assembly.
Exporting the modified 3D model
Once you are satisfied with the changes you have made to the 3D model, you will need to export it in order to use it in other software programs or to print it.
In 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS, this is done by going to File > Save As.
You will then need to select the type of file you wish to export it as (usually .stp or .step) and save it to the desired location.
In this blog post, we have shown you how to create a 3D model in 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS. The steps are very simple, and with a little practice, you will be able to create beautiful 3D models in no time.
If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below.