Mastercam 2017 – Lathe
FAST, EASY & PRECISE TURNING
New features in Mastercam 2017 Lathe turning CAM software include a Chip Break option, TNRC Control, Stock Model enhancements and more.
Efficient Programming, Designed for Modern Manufacturing.
Mastercam Lathe delivers a set of basic and advanced programming tools, with greatly expanded options when paired with Mastercam Mill. Easy rough, finish, thread, groove, bore, and drill routines combine with C/Y-axis machining to cut any job (Turn-Mill machines). Dependable tool path verification gives you the confidence to run the most complex tool paths on your machine and ensures your parts are done right the first time.
The Align Solid Body function simplifies the process of aligning solid models for turning. Users can define the center of the rotation for the part and select the appropriate geometry. Mastercam will then rotate to an isometric view where users can adjust the origin with the dynamic gnomon.
The Chip Break option and dialog box have been added to the Lathe Rough and Lathe Contour Rough tool paths to establish when chip breaks occur. According to the company, this is valuable when working with stringy materials such as aluminum or plastic, and it enables users to set length and time conditions, retract, and dwell options.
For B-axis turning operations, the Tool Angle dialogue box contains new options which were previously only available for mill-turn operations. These options tell MasterCam which quadrant was used to touch off the tool. If users are creating a tool path and the tool’s control point is not where they want it, they can use these options to swap it.
MasterCam 2017 Lathe is also said to simplify the process for selecting the tool plane, origin and display mode for turning operations. The new Axis Combination/Spindle Origin dialogue box filters available tool planes, displaying only those planes with the correct orientation for the selected axis combination. Lathe Stock Model operations now allow users to manipulate the Lathe stock boundary using Mill operations.
Key Turning Features
- Quick Toolpathslet you program in a few clicks.
- Intelligent ID and OD roughing.
- Dynamic Motionroughing extends insert life.
- Fast facing including roughing and finishing.
- Grooving with multiple depth cuts, including peck motion and full-radius plunge turning.
- Complete threading with multiple starts, diameter calculation, and thread tables.
- Easily control chip breaks on the stringy material.
- Automatic gouge checking on the tool’s front and back.
- Chuck, part, steady rest, and tailstock detection.
- Open, quickly align, and directly machine a solid model.
- Quick-turned profile generation for uniform and non-uniform parts.
- Full milling support available for machines with live tooling for C- and Y- axes.
To know more log on to www.simtek.in ring us at +91-8754447021 or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org Authorized Reseller SIM Technologies Pvt Ltd located in Chennai, Coimbatore, Kolhapur, New Delhi & Bangalore.